Healthy Chocolate Cherry Ice Cream is summer’s dream: you don’t need an ice cream maker and the ingredient list is short and sweet. Most importantly, the ice cream is creamy and sublime (and no one will know it’s vegan unless you tell them.)
Healthy Chocolate Cherry Ice Cream Recipe
By July 5, 2018Published:
- Yield: 10 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
Healthy Chocolate Cherry Ice Cream is summer's dream: you don't need an ice cream maker and the ingredient list is short and sweet. …
- 1 1/2 cups 100% pure tart cherry juice
- 3 cups Raw cashews presoaked for at least 4 hours, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Pure almond extract
- optional: 3 teaspoons Grated fresh beet for color
- 1-2 tablespoons Stevia or other granulated sugar substitute ( pr maple syrup) (taste to make sure you like the sweetness level)
- 10 oz. Frozen cherries lightly chopped
- 1 (3.5-ounce) bar Non-dairy dark chocolate finely chopped
- Blend the first five ingredients until smooth.
- Gently mix in the chopped cherries and the chocolate pieces.
- Transfer the mixture to Tupperware and freeze for at least 5 hours.
- Gently thaw at room temperature for at least 20 minutes before scooping or serving.