Vegan Basil Pesto is full of rich flavor no store-bought jar of pesto can provide. Furthermore, this pesto is dairy-free and ready in five minutes or less. If you grow your own basil, the cost becomes pretty insignificant, too.
I use pesto for pasta, as a salad dressing, as a sandwich or a wrap spread. I like pesto over tomato slices with some avocado slices on top, for a vegan Caprese salad version. I add pesto to quinoa and to rice to make things more interesting. I like making a large batch of vegan basil pesto and freezing some of it.
Vegan Basil Pesto Recipe
By June 16, 2018Published:
- Yield: 4-5 Servings
Vegan Basil Pesto is full of rich flavor no store-bought jar of pesto can provide. Furthermore, this pesto is dairy-free and ready in …
- 2 cups, packed Fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup Cashews, pine nuts or blanched almonds
- 1 teaspoon Sea salt
- Blend everything until smooth.
- Store in the refrigerator in a container with a tight-fitting lid for up to a week, or freeze for a few months.