Green Quinoa is a quick, simple, yet very healthy dish. It is tasty as a side dish; it’s great for breakfast; you can also stuff it into a wrap ( or a lettuce leaf.) Leftovers can also be used on top of a salad, or this quinoa can be stuffed into any vegetable you enjoy stuffing for an exquisite result.
Green Quinoa Recipe
By June 14, 2018Published:
- Yield: 4-5 Servings
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 20 mins
Green Quinoa is a quick, simple, yet very healthy dish. It is tasty as a side dish; it's great for breakfast; you can also stuff it …
- 1 1/2 cups Quinoa
- 3.5 cups Cold water
- 5 tablespoons Coconut oil or butter divided
- 1 large Onion chopped
- 4 leaves Kale diced
- 2 teaspoons Sea salt
- 2 1/2 cups (Vegan) cheese shredded
- Combine quinoa and water in a pot. Bring to a boil, lower the flame and simmer for about 12 minutes or until all the water gets absorbed. Fluff with a fork.
- In the meantime, saute the onion is 2 tablespoons of oil for 4 minutes.
- Add kale and saute for another 4 minutes or until kale reduces in size by about a half.
- Add the quinoa or the kale. Mix in salt and cheese and the rest of the oil.
- Saute for another 4-5 minutes and serve.