If you crave something light and refreshing, a tangy, citrusy avocado salad may just hit the spot. The oily avocado accentuates the sour flavors of the citrus fruits and the bitter arugula rounds it all up perfectly. This is a nice salad for a warm summer night.
Citrus Arugula Salad Recipe
By June 1, 2018Published:
- Yield: 1 large plate (4 Servings)
- Prep: 7 mins
If you crave something light and refreshing, a tangy, citrusy avocado salad may just hit the spot. The oily avocado accentuates the …
- 2 Blood oranges
- 1 Grapefruit
- 2 cups Arugula
- 1 large Haas avocado sliced
- 1 handful Roasted almonds coarsely chopped
- 1 pinch Cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Sea salt
- Using a paring knife, cut a thin slice from both ends of one of the oranges. Place a flat end on a cutting board and cut away the peel and the white part of rind. Working over a bowl to catch juices, hold the orange on its side and cut between one section and membrane. Cut along the other side of the section next to the membrane to release the section into the bowl. Repeat with the remaining orange and with the grapefruit.
- Arrange all other ingredients except pepper, salt, oil and lemon juice, on a large plate in layers. Add the citrus.
- Combine pepper, salt, oil and lemon juice in a cup. Pour the dressing over the salad and serve.