Dirt Cake has been my go-to recipe for quite a few children’s parties. This cake is easily made and does not require perfect styling. You serve it in a clean pot for a plant. You stick gummy worms inside. And you adjust it to fit any occasion, like the Very Hungry Caterpillar party, or the Gardening party or even the Butterfly party.
The styling is minimal. Once the cake is baked, crumble it. Them make the cream layer and assemble the cake by layering the crumbs with the cream, making sure to have crumbs on top. Stick the gummy worms inside. Make marzipan decorations for the top, if desired.
Dirt Cake Recipe
By April 22, 2018Published:
- Yield: 6-8 Servings
Dirt Cake has been my go-to recipe for quite a few children's parties. This cake is easily made and does not require perfect styling. …
- 2 cups Gluten free flour mix or spelt or whole wheat flour
- 1 cup Raw cocoa powder
- 2 cups Stevia or raw cane sugar or a mixture of the two
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Sea salt
- 1 cup Almond milk
- 1/2 cup Grapeseed oil
- 2 Organic free range eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 1 cup Boiling water
- For the Cream:
- 3 cups Heavy cream or 6 cups coconut whipped cream
- 3 teaspoons Stevia
- 2 tablespoons Raw cocoa powder
- optional: 1 cup Gummy worms
- Combine the first six ingredients in a bowl. Mix well.
- Gradually add the rest of the ingredients and mix very well.
- Distribute cake batter evenly between the two prepared cake pans. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the center of the chocolate cake comes out clean.
- Whip the cream until sturdy peaks form. Mix in cocoa and stevia.
- Crumble the cake layers. Layer the crumbs and the cream in a plant pot. Stick gummy worms inside.