Vegetarian Tortilla Casserole is just sublime and the picture doesn’t do it justice. Crispy on the outside and gooey on the inside, this casserole makes one easy meal. You can serve it as is, or with a side salad, some guacamole and sour cream.
Vegetarian Tortilla Casserole Recipe
By March 4, 2018Published:
- Yield: 6-8 Servings
Vegetarian Tortilla Casserole is just sublime and the picture doesn't do it justice. Crispy on the outside and gooey on the inside, …
- 6 large Tortillas ( gluten-free or any other variety)
- 1 medium Onion chopped
- 4 tablespoons Coconut oil or butter
- 4 Bell peppers sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic diced
- 1 large can Diced tomatoes
- 4 cups Cheddar cheese (or vegan cheese) shredded
- 2 teaspoons Sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Chile powder
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line the bottom of a lightly oiled casserole dish with tortillas, so that the upper halves of tortillas are sticking out. You are trying to fill the inside of the casserole dish and then wrap the tortillas over the top.
- Saute the onion in oil for 4 minutes.
- Add the peppers and saute for 4 more minutes.
- Add toamtoes and spices and saute for another minute or two.
- Sprinkle half the amount of cheese over the tortillas. Put the pepper mixture over the cheese. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Wrap the top with tortillas, which are hanging on the sides.
- Put aluminum foil or a lid on top and bake for about 40 minutes.