Many busy mothers hardly have time to cook, let alone to cook healthy meals. How can cooking for the family become faster and easier, so that frozen entrees and packaged foods are not part of your life anymore?
Because we’ve all seen cooking shows, we sometimes assume cooking to be some long, overwhelming process, where we start with selecting the most fragrant bunch of cilantro from the market, which we end up slowly sauteing in butter, while we have three other complicated dishes in the making.
Eight Ways To Cook Healthy Meals Quickly
- If you want to cook healthy meals quickly, your meal has to be made up of one main dish or one main dish and a quick salad. Two courses is a waste of time. You can do it, of course, as long as you remember that you are wasting time.
2. If you want to cook healthy meals quickly, your active time in the kitchen cannot exceed 20 minutes. Prep, mix, cook for 20 minutes and then the dish has to cook itself on the stove or in the oven for a while.
3. If you want to cook healthy meals quickly, you have to learn at least seven healthy recipes, which would take 20-25 minutes of active cooking time. Go to my site, go to youtube and learn how to make at least seven good, easy, nutritious dishes.Out of your seven dishes, there has to be two soups and five main dishes that your whole family would enjoy. Choose dishes made with similar ingredients ( three dishes should use carrots, for example.) This way, if you have carrots in the house, you’d be able to make three dishes.
4. Learn how to bake one easy thing. Pick a healthy muffin recipe from my site. The muffins will take you 12 minutes of active kitchen time and everyone is going to be very impressed. If you want to keep them impressed, don’t bake too often!
5. Give some love to casseroles, stir fries, roasted veggies and stews. These healthy dishes hardly take any time at all to make, yet they keep everyone fed. Add a salad, some brown rice or some cauliflower rice and you are golden.A vegetarian chili is great. I make a pot of it once a week. We eat it as chili first; we put it in a salad the next day; we eat it with rice the third day; we even put the leftovers on a sandwich and then we thin out what’s left and it becomes a bean soup.
6. If you want to cook healthy meals quickly, whenever you do cook, cook large amounts. This way, there will always be leftovers for breakfast, snack, another meal the next day, or to make a sandwich. If you are already making a casserole, making another one with the same ingredients at the same time makes your life only 25% harder, instead of it being 100% harder the next day.
7. If you want to cook healthy meals quickly, become friends with frozen vegetables. Don’t just cook with frozen veggies, as it will compromise the taste. Add them to fresh veggies. Green leafy vegetables take time to wash, chop, prepare, so these are huge timesavers when frozen.
8. If you want to cook healthy meals quickly, have all the basic staples for your basic seven dishes in the house, so that when you decide to make one of your seven dishes, you are not out of a particular spice or a particular vegetable. Because when you are out of an ingredient, you are more likely to just dial in a pizza. Once you start making your seven dishes all the time, having the ingredients for them will become a habit.
What are your ideas for cooking healthy and making it quick?