Spelt flour is lower in gluten and higher in nutrients than wheat flour. Spelt Tortillas are soft and delicious and best when served hot. Most importantly, they are cheaper and healthier than store bought tortillas and making them is a very quick process.
It’s best to freeze leftover tortillas in a ziplock container. You can also make quick “pita” chips. Cut the tortilla into triangles, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with spice (I like za’atar spice) and sea salt.
Spelt Tortillas Recipe
By February 10, 2018Published:
Spelt flour is lower in gluten and higher in nutrients than wheat flour. Spelt Tortillas are soft and delicious and best …
- Combine the first two ingredients.
- Slowly mix in oil and water.
- Knead the dough for at least a minute, until it’s smooth.
- Divide the dough into six even pieces, and roll them into balls. Cover the dough balls and let them rest for 15 minutes.
Roll each dough ball out into a thin circle.
- Heat up some oil in a cast-iron frying pan.
- Cook each tortilla for about 30 seconds until it’s browned and golden. Flip it over and cook for another 30 seconds.