Savory Veggie Oat Muffins, which can be made vegan and gluten-free, are a healthy way to start the day. You can make many of these muffins and freeze them, for a quick breakfast or a snack. My children also love these savory veggie oat muffins with soup or salad, as they are perfect instead of bread.
As the vegetable flavors are pretty undetectable in these muffins, this recipe can be a nice way to hide veggies from picky eaters, too. I used zucchinis and carrots for the muffins. You can try to experiment with different vegetables and herbs.
Savory Veggie Oat Muffins Recipe
By February 12, 2018Published:
Savory Veggie Oat Muffins, which can be made vegan and gluten-free, are a healthy way to start the day. You can make many of these …
- 2 cups (Gluten-free) rolled oats
- 2 cups Whole wheat, spelt or gluten-free flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese (or vegan cheese) grated
- 1 teaspoon Sea salt
- 2 Organic pastured eggs (or 4 teaspoons ground flax seed)
- 3/4 cup Butter or coconut oil melted
- 2 cups Fresh water
- 2 large Carrots grated
- 2 medium Zucchinis grated
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine the first three ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon into the lightly oiled cupcake liners, place inside the muffin tin.
- Bake for about 17-23 minutes.