Savory and tender on the inside, vegan meatballs are absolutely delicious. I make vegan meatballs out of lentils.The recipe mimics the classic Italian dish by using gluten-free bread crumbs and fresh herbs.The key to the right texture is to make sure the lentils are well blended. Also, make sure you stay close to the oven, as these vegan meatballs cook fast.
Vegan Meatballs Recipe
By January 23, 2018Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 30 mins
Savory and tender on the inside, vegan meatballs are absolutely delicious. I make vegan meatballs out of lentils.The recipe mimics the …
- 1 medium Onion chopped
- 3 tablespoons Coconut oil
- 2 cans or 3 cups cooked Lentils drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons Flax seed ground
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1/4 cup Fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup (GF) bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 large can Premade marinara sauce or any tomato sauce
- optional: a few tablespoons of Olive oil see directions
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Saute the onion in oil for 4 minutes. Put in the food processor.
- Add all other ingredients , except for the tomato sauce to the food processor and blend until almost smooth.
- If the mixture feels too dry to form a meatball, add 1-3 tablespoons of olive oil to the mixture and pulse a few times.
- Form the mixture into golfball-sized meatballs.
- Place the lentil meatballs on a parchment lined tray and bake for 15-20 (flipping once halfway through) or until both sides are lightly browned.
- In the meantime, warm up the tomato sauce in a pot.
- Gently add the baked meatballs to the sauce and cook for a few minutes.