Sweet Potato Nachos is a creative, colorful family dish, which presents an original, vitamin-rich alternative to the Mexican staple. Processed food-free, this version of nachos adds some sweetness and vitamin A. Try to slice the sweet potato as thinly as possible, unless you enjoy soggy fries. I love making this dish in double quantities: one spicy and one in a milder version, so that the whole family is happy. I also like to serve it with a pile of chopped cilantro on top.
Sweet Potato Nachos Recipe
By January 13, 2018Published:
- Yield: 4-5 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 25 mins
- Ready In: 35 mins
Sweet Potato Nachos is a creative, colorful family dish, which presents an original, vitamin-rich alternative to the Mexican staple. …
- 4 small Sweet potatoes thinly sliced
- tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- 2 teaspoons Paprika
- 1 Diced garlic cloves
- 4 cups Black beans cooked or canned and rinsed
- optional: 2 Jalapeno peppers sliced
- 1 cup Soft Cheese or vegan cheese grated
- optional: Pico de gallo, chopped green onion, chopped cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Arrange sweet potato slices on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle with olive oil and salt and bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow the sweet potato rounds to cool.
- Line the bottom of a medium-sized skillet with the sweet potato rounds. Sprinkle with paprika and diced garlic.
- Add black beans, jalapeño if desired, and cheese on top. Broil for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Garnish with avocado, pico de gallo, and green onion, cilantro, if desired. Serve immediately.