Few things can beat a dessert, which is grain-free, sugar-free and dairy-free, too. Sugar-Free Black Bean Cupcakes with Coconut Icing taste like a spectacular celebration, yet they are as healthy as cupcakes can get. Soft, creamy and sweet, these black bean cupcakes will lighten up any party.
Sugar-Free Black Bean Cupcakes with Coconut Icing Recipe
By January 27, 2018Published:
- Yield: 10 cupcakes
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 25 mins
- Ready In: 35 mins
Few things can beat a dessert, which is grain-free, sugar-free and dairy-free, too. Sugar-Free Black Bean Cupcakes with Coconut Icing …
- For the CUPCAKES:
- 1 can Black beans drained, rinsed, patted dry and blended until smooth
- 2 tablespoons Flax seed ground
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 6 tablespoons Raw cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea salt
- 1/3 cup Grape seed oil (or other neutral-tasting vegetable oil)
- 2 teaspoons Vanila extract
- to taste: a few drops Liquid stevia
- 3 tablespoons Water or non-dairy milk
- For the FROSTING:
- 1 can Coconut milk( full-fat only) chilled overnight
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 2 drops Liquid stevia
- 1 tablespoon Arrowroot or organic cornstarch
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all the ingredients for the cupcakes. If the batter is too dry to mix, add another tablespoon of water.
- Pour into 10 paper muffin cups.
- Bake for about 25 minutes.
- For the frosting:
Place metal mixing bowl and beaters in the refrigerator or freezer 1 hour before making the icing.
- Gently scoop off the fat part off the top of the can of coconut milk.
- Beat coconut cream using electric mixer with chilled beaters on medium speed; turn to high speed. Beat until stiff peaks form, 7 to 8 minutes.
- Add stevia, vanilla extract and arrowroot to coconut cream. Beat 1 minute more.
- Taste and add more stevia if desired.
- Frost the cupcakes.