Cauliflower and Cheese Soup looks like and feels the winter. White, gooey, comforting -it reminds of sitting by the fire and looking at the snow outside. Best of all, this soup is easy to make and if you have a piece of bread to go with it, you can have a wonderful meal.
Cauliflower and Cheese Soup Recipe
By December 29, 2017Published:
- Yield: 4-5 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Ready In: 20 mins
Cauliflower and Cheese Soup looks like and feels the winter. White, gooey, comforting -it reminds of sitting by the fire and looking …
- 1 medium Onion chopped
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 1 head Cauliflower divided into florets
- 1 pinch Ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Coriander seed powder
- 2 teaspoons Sea salt
- 1/2 cup Coconut cream or heavy cream
- 1 cup (Vegan) Swiss or cheddar cheese shredded
- Saute the onion in butter until translucent.
- Add cauliflower and spices. Add one cup of water and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add flour, heavy cream, sea salt and mix very well.
- Add 4 more cups of water and cook for about ten minutes or until the vegetables are very soft.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until smooth.
- Mix in the cheese and serve.