In the world of vegan sandwiches, the possibilities are limited, yet Spicy Carrot Sandwich remedies the situation. If you are craving a different kind of sandwich: the vibrantly flavorful kind, the healthy one and the one full of vitamins, Spicy Carrot Sandwich will surely hit the spot.
As I was playing with the recipe, I was amazed at how tasty that sandwich was. Kid-approved, too.
Spicy Carrot Sandwich Recipe
By November 13, 2017Published:
- Yield: 2 sandwiches (2 Servings)
In the world of vegan sandwiches, the possibilities are limited, yet Spicy Carrot Sandwich remedies the situation. If you are craving …
- 4 slices (Gluten-free) Bread
- 1/4 Onion chopped
- 1/4 cup Coconut oil or butter (not vegan)
- 1.5 cups Shredded carrots
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea salt
- 1 pinch Ground nutmeg
- Saute the onion in oil for 4 minutes.
- Add carrots, salt and spices and saute for another 4 minutes or until the carrots become very soft and reduce in size.
- Place the carrot mixture on bread slices. Top with the second slices and serve.