Recently, we ended up with a huge pile of pumpkins. Roasting them and addings them to salads turned out to be a tasty idea. The bitter arugula is nicely balanced by the sweet pumpkin, so this warm salad is quite sublime. How to pick the right pumpkin can be read here.
Arugula and Roasted Pumpkin Salad Recipe
By November 1, 2017Published:
- Yield: 2 Servings
Recently, we ended up with a huge pile of pumpkins. Roasting them and addings them to salads turned out to be a tasty idea. The bitter …
- 1 cup Thick pumpkin slices
- 2 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 cup Arugula
- 1 Carrot shredded
- 1 cup Purple cabbage shredded
- 2 tablespoons Pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Bragg's Amino acids
- 1/2 teaspoon Fresh lemon juice
- Put the pumpkin slices on parchment paper into the preheated to 375 degrees oven. Coat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and roast for about 30 minutes, or until soft (depends on the thickness of the slices.)
- In the meantime, layer all the other ingredients, except the Bragg's, the lemon juice and the rest of the oil.
- Add the hot roasted pumpkin to the salad.
- Combine the dressing ingredients and pour them over the salad.