Leek Casserole is an easy vegetarian dish, filled with buttery and cheesy goodness. Mild and slightly onion-like, leeks are known to enhance dishes. Leeks are an excellent source of vitamins A, B6, E and K, as well as manganese, copper, iron, folate, dietary fiber, magnesium, calcium and omega-3 fatty acids. Most of all, they give this casserole a fresh and unique flavor.
Leek Casserole Recipe
By October 3, 2017Published:
- Yield: 5-6 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 18 mins
- Ready In: 28 mins
Leek Casserole is an easy vegetarian dish, filled with buttery and cheesy goodness. Mild and slightly onion-like, leeks are known to …
- 4 large Leeks rinsed well and hopped ( both the white and the green parts)
- 1/2 cup Butter or coconut oil
- 2 cups (Vegan) sour cream
- 2 cups Cheese (vegan) shredded
- 1 cup Rice flour (gf) or semolina (not gf)
- 2 teaspoons Sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Saute the leeks in oil or butter for about 5 minutes or until they reduce in size. Put the leeks into the lightly oiled large casserole dish.
- In a bowl, combine sour cream, 1 cup of cheese, semolina or rice flour and salt. Pour the mixture over the leeks.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for about 13 minutes, or until the cheese on top begins to turn lightly brown.