During the fall, the bounty of colorful squashes and multi-colored pumpkins pleases the eye. Wouldn’t it be nice to put all of this colorful abundance into a delicious soup? Fall Bounty Soup has carrots, butternut squash, pumpkin and sweet potato. Slightly sweet with a hint of spicy, this soup has many vitamins, minerals and anti-inflammatory properties.
Fall Bounty Soup Recipe
By October 10, 2017Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 55 mins
During the fall, the bounty of colorful squashes and multi-colored pumpkins pleases the eye. Wouldn't it be nice to put all of this …
- 1/4 cup Coconut oil or butter divided
- 1 medium Onion chopped
- 1/2 cup Butternut squash cubed
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin cubed
- 1 large Carrot chopped
- 1 medium Sweet potato chopped
- 1/2 bunch Fresh parsley chopped
- 1 cup Kale leaves chopped
- 1 clove Garlic diced
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons Sea salt
- Saute the onion in 2 tablespoons of oil for 4 minutes or until translucent.
- Add squash, pumpkin, carrot and sweet potato. Saute for 10 minutes or until very soft.
- In the meantime, place the rest of the ingredients into a large pot with 8 cups of water and begin to boil it.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the hot water pot.
- Bring to a boil. Turn off the heat and allow to stand for 30 minutes to develop flavor.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings as needed.