We went to the apple orchard a couple of weeks ago, and ended up gathering too many apples. These were blended into simple applesauce. Applesauce Oatmeal Muffins came as a natural result. The muffins are wonderful for breakfast or as a snack. They are soft, juicy, moist and healthy. They can be made gluten-free, if desired. Try not to over-bake these muffins, as that may result in dryness. The reason you see both stevia and maple syrup in the recipe, is that the syrup removes stevia’s unpleasant aftertaste, making it unnoticeable.
Applesauce Oatmeal Muffins Recipe
By September 27, 2017Published:
- Yield: 12 muffins
We went to the apple orchard a couple of weeks ago, and ended up gathering too many apples. These were blended into simple …
- 1 cup (Gluten-free) rolled oats
- 1 cup GF all purpose flour or whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 pinch Sea salt
- 1 tablespoon Flax seed ground
- 1/3 cup Stevia
- 1/2 cup Coconut oil or butter (not vegan()
- 1 tablespoon Pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups Unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup Water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the first 7 ingredients in a bowl.
- Gradually add all other ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon the batter onto the lightly oiled muffin tin openings so that they are 3/4 full.
- Bake the muffins for 15-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins to a rack to cool completely.