Triple Cabbage Soup is a delicious vegetable soup, full of nutrients, yet low in calories. The different kinds of cabbage give this soup its distinct flavor: the green cabbage, the bok choy and the Napa cabbage are used. Cabbage is rich in antioxidants, B-vitamins, Vitamin C and many minerals.
Triple Cabbage Soup Recipe
By August 10, 2017Published:
Triple Cabbage Soup is a delicious vegetable soup, full of nutrients, yet low in calories. The different kinds of cabbage give this …
- 1/2 Yellow onion chopped
- 1/4 cup Coconut oil or butter
- 2 large Potatoes peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cups Green cabbage chopped
- 4 leaves Bok choy chopped
- 2 cups Napa cabbage chopped
- 1 small bunch Flat leaved Parsley chopped
- 1/2 inch piece Ginger grated
- Sea salt and Black pepper to taste
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- To serve: (Vegan) Sour cream
- Saute the onion in butter for 4-5 minutes.
- Add potatoes and saute for another 5-7 minutes or until soft.
- In the meantime, put the cabbages, the parsley into 8 cups of cold water and bring to a boil.
- Add the potatoes and the spices to the cabbages in the water.
- Bring to a boil again. Turn off the heat.
- Allow to stand for 20 minutes to develop flavor, then serve with a dollop of (vegan) sour cream in each bowl.