Jello is the perfect summer dessert: light and fruity. Peaches are in season right now and to utilize what my kids haven’t eaten of this fruit, I made a wonderful vegan peach jello, using agar agar flakes. Agar agar is a jelly-like vegan seaweed substance, which works just like gelatin. The jello has no added sugar, but if you must use some, try two tablespoons maple syrup or raw honey ( not vegan) instead of stevia.
Vegan Peach Jello Recipe
By July 1, 2017Published:
- Yield: 2-3 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
Jello is the perfect summer dessert: light and fruity. Peaches are in season right now and to utilize what my kids haven't eaten of …
- 2 large Peaches peeled, pitted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons Erythritol or Stevia
- 3 tablespoons Agar agar
- 1 1/2 cups Hot water
- In a small bowl, combine agar agar and hot water, mixing until completely smooth.
- Put the peaches in a small pot, bring to a boil and add sweetener.
- Add agar mixture to the peach mixture and mix very well.
- Pour the mixture into a parchment-covered shallow form and refrigerate for at least four hours.
- Cut up and serve.