There is nothing quite the creamy bowl of Sugar-Free Vegan Blackberry Swirl Gelato on a hot summer day. The kids adore it; it doesn’t take a long time to make and it tastes just like the “real” ice cream: soft, sweet and creamy.
Sugar-Free Vegan Blackberry Swirl Gelato Recipe
By July 24, 2017Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
There is nothing quite the creamy bowl of Sugar-Free Vegan Blackberry Swirl Gelato on a hot summer day. The kids adore it; it doesn't …
- For the Creamy Base:
- 2 cups Raw cashews presoaked for at least 4 hours or overnight, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups Full-fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 tablespoon Arrowroot powder
- 1/3 cup Stevia or xylitol
- For the Berry mixture:
- 1 1/2 cups Blackberries fresh or frozen
- 2 teaspoons Stevia or xylitol
- 1/2 teaspoon Agar agar flakes
- Blend the creamy base ingredients together until smooth. Pour into a small Tupperware container.
- In the meantime, combine the ingredients for the berry mixture in a small pot.
- Bring the pot to a boil, while mixing constantly. Then, simmer for a few minutes. Cool in the freezer.
- Pour the berry mixture slowly all over the cream base. Using a knife, make a swirling motion in the container.
- Cover and freeze for four hours, then serve.