Mozzarella cheese is extremely versatile, enhancing many dishes. Gooey Vegan Mozzarella can be used for salads, pastas, pizza, grilled cheese sandwiches and more. It tastes and feels just like the real mozzarella and takes only 15 minutes to make!
Gooey Vegan Mozzarella Recipe
By July 27, 2017Published:
- Cook: 15 mins
Mozzarella cheese is extremely versatile, enhancing many dishes. Gooey Vegan Mozzarella can be used for salads, pastas, pizza, …
- 2 cups Raw cashews presoaked for at least 4 hours, drained and rinsed.
- 6 tablespoons Tapioca starch
- 2 teaspoons Agar agar
- 1 tablespoon Fresh lemon juice
- 1 2/3 cups Water
- 1 teaspoon Sea salt
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Transfer to a medium sized pot and begin to cook, while constantly mixing for a few minutes until the mixture begins to curdle and form a ball. Keep cooking for another 10-15 minutes.
- Prepare a bowl with icy cold water. Drop balls of cheesy mixture ( using an ice cream scoop) into the icy water to get vegan mozzarella cheese.