In an attempt to make a healthy carrot cake, I decided to simplify things as much as possible, without compromising the flavor. The resulting Quick Raw Carrot Cake is full of the right spices, the crunchy carrots and of course, it’s topped with a wonderful cream. Most importantly, the only work required to make this cake is operating the food processor or the blender.
If the cake being dairy-free is not terribly important to you, then coconut milk can be substituted for organic heavy cream.
Quick Raw Carrot Cake Recipe
By June 17, 2017Published:
- Yield: 6-8 Servings
In an attempt to make a healthy carrot cake, I decided to simplify things as much as possible, without compromising the flavor. The …
- For the Base layer:
- 1 cup Walnuts soaked for at least 4 hours, drained, rinsed and finely chopped
- 1 cup Dates pitted
- For the Cake layer:
- 15 Carrots scrubbed and grated finely or processed in a food processor until finely chopped
- 1 cup Full fat coconut milk (or 1 cup of heavy cream-not vegan)
- 1/2 cup Stevia or similar dry sweetener of choice
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Cloves powder
- For the Cream layer:
- 2 cans Full fat coconut milk refrigerated overnight
- 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Stevia or similar dry sweetener of choice
- Combine the dates and the walnuts in a bowl. Lightly press onto the bottom of a medium cheesecake pan.
- Combine the grated carrots with the coconut milk , the sweetener and the spices. Press onto the base layer in the cheesecake pan.
- Remove the coconut milk from the refrigerator without tipping or shaking the cans. Scrape out the top, thickened cream and leave the liquid behind.
- Chill the mixing bow and the beaters in the freezer for a few minutes. Whip the cream in a chilled mixer bowl with chilled beaters for about 30 secs. Mix in Stevia and vanilla.
- Top the carrot mixture with the coconut cream. Chill in the refrigerator for at least four hours and serve.