I just made an amazing cauliflower casserole. As I tasted it, I realized its resemblance to mac and cheese both in taste and in texture. Gooey and full of hot, melted cheese, Cauliflower Mac and Cheese is definitely going to be a staple at my house. I added some onion to this dish, which, in my opinion, makes the whole thing taste sublime. However, as onion is not the most kid-friendly food item, you are welcome to omit it and the flavor would be milder, yet still great.
Cauliflower “Mac” and Cheese Recipe
By June 16, 2017Published:
- Yield: 1 large casserole dish (6-8 Servings)
I just made an amazing cauliflower casserole. As I tasted it, I realized its resemblance to mac and cheese both in taste and in …
- 1 large Red onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Butter or coconut oil
- 2 heads Cauliflower finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Sea salt
- 2 cups Sour cream
- 3/4 cup Almond flour(gf) or Semolina(not gf)
- 3 cups Mozarella or cheddar cheese divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Saute the onion in half the amount of butter for about 4 minutes or until translucent.
- Add cauliflower and 1 cup of water to the onion. Saute for about 7 minutes, while mixing periodically. The cauliflower should be soft, but not mushy.
- Add sour cream, semolina or almond flour and salt to the cauliflower. Add 1 1/2 cup of cheese and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to a lightly oiled large casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for 20 minutes or until the top turns light brown.