Many people love the flavor combination of Mexican food. Crunchy, spicy, fresh, slightly tangy and oily only where it needs to be oily, Spicy Mexican Salad has it all. It’s perfect for the days when you are not in the mood to whip up a fresh batch of guacamole, and instead, want to take it as easy as possible, while still enjoying some healthy Mexican. This salad tastes best when the beans are served while still hot.
Spicy Mexican Salad Recipe
By May 26, 2017Published:
- Yield: 1large plate (2-3 Servings)
- Prep: 10 mins
Many people love the flavor combination of Mexican food. Crunchy, spicy, fresh, slightly tangy and oily only where it needs to be …
- 4 tablespoons Butter or coconut oil
- 1 medium Onion chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Black beans cooked or canned and rinsed
- 2 medium Cucumbers sliced
- 2 cups Romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 large Tomato sliced
- 3 tablespoons Cilantro diced
- 1 medium Avocado sliced
- 1/4 Limes juiced
- to taste: Fresh or canned jalapeno slices
- optional: 4 tablespoons Mexican cheese grated
- to taste: Sea salt
- 3 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- Saute the onion in oil for 4 minutes or until translucent.
- Add black beans and saute for 4 more minutes.
- In the meantime, arrange lettuce, cucumber slices, tomato slices, cilantro and avocado slices in layers.
- Add the hot bean/onion mixture on top.
- Squeeze the lime over everything.
- Add jalapenos.
- Add cheese, salt and olive oil. Serve.