Pasta Primavera is a dish, which includes pasta and fresh vegetables. Pasta Primavera Casserole takes it to a new level of baked cheesy goodness. The key to this dish is a light, veggie sauce, which makes the casserole pretty healthy, too. Green peas, onions and tomatoes are “must” ingredients. The other vegetables are not. You can successfully use carrots, zucchini, broccoli, asparagus, kale, chard, cauliflower and other vegetables. You can also use just the onion, the tomatoes and the green peas. The pasta can be gluten-free, whole wheat or any other variety.
If you need to speed things up, both the pasta and the sauce can be made ahead of time and refrigerated. Then you can just mix the two right before dinner, add cheese and bake for 15 minutes for a quick and healthy family meal.
Babies like iPasta Primavera Casserole, too:
Pasta Primavera Casserole Recipe
By May 22, 2017Published:
- Yield: 6-8 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 45 mins
Pasta Primavera is a dish, which includes pasta and fresh vegetables. Pasta Primavera Casserole takes it to a new level of baked …
- 1 lb (gluten-free)Pasta cooked al-dente, according to package's directions and drained
- 1 medium Purple onion chopped
- 1/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Carrots chopped
- 3 leaves Kale thinly sliced
- 2 large Ripe tomatoes chopped
- 1 bag Frozen green peas
- 1 handful Fresh basil diced
- 2 cloves Garlic diced
- 2 teaspoons Sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayene pepper
- 3 cups Mozarella cheese grated
- While the pasta is being cooked, saute the onion in 2 tablespoons of oil for 4 minutes or until translucent.
- Add carrots and kale to the onion. Add the rest of the oil and saute for 4 more minutes or until soft, but not mushy.
- Add tomatoes and peas and saute for 3 more minutes.
- Add garlic, salt and spices and mix to combine.
- In a large casserole dish, combine the cooked veggie mix and the pasta. Add 2 cups of cheese and mix to combine.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top and bake for 10-15 minutes at 375 degrees F, or until the cheese on top melts and turns slightly brownish.
- Cool for 10 minutes, then serve.