Root Veggies and Avocado Salad is both healthy and tasty, as well as filling. Root vegetables, such as carrots and beets are full of vitamins and minerals, while avocado and sunflower seeds provide the healthy oils needed for beautiful skin.
Since the carrot and the beet are cooked, I like to put them on the salad while still warm, but they taste just as good when they are cool.
Root Veggies and Avocado Salad Recipe
By April 12, 2017Published:
- Yield: 3-4 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 30 mins
Root Veggies and Avocado Salad is both healthy and tasty, as well as filling. Root vegetables, such as carrots and beets are full of …
- 1 medium Beet
- 3 medium Carrots
- 2 cups Baby spinach
- 2 medium Cucumbers sliced
- 1 smal Avocado sliced
- 2 tablespoons Chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup Sunflower seeds
- 3 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Raw apple cider vinegar
- to taste: Sea salt and back pepper
- Place the beet in a pot of water, so that there is about an inch of water over it.
- Bring to a boil. Add whole carrots to the same pot. Bring to a boil again and lower the flame.
- Cook for about 20 minutes or until the vegetables are soft, but not mushy ( Carrots will probably be ready first.) Drain, then put the veggies in icy water.
- Peel the beet and the carrots and chop very finely.
- Layer the spinach, the cucumber, the avocado, the parsley, the sunflower seeds and the root veggies on a large plate.
- In the cup, combine oil and vinegar and pour the dressing over the salad.
- Add salt and pepper and serve.