How can something heavenly be quick and easy to make? Enter Quick Raspberry Cream Cake. The cake tastes absolutely incredible: light, creamy, airy, tart, yet sweet. It is not a super-sweet dessert. Low in overall sugar, the cake allows you to taste the berries, not just be overwhelmed by its sweetness.
There is zero cooking involved with this cake, only some blending. For a crust, I bought a small package of shortbread cookies with the cleanest ingredient list and mashed them with a potato masher. Success!
I served this cake for my toddler’s third birthday and it was gobbled up so quickly I only wish I had made two!
Quick Raspberry Cream Cake Recipe
By April 21, 2017Published:
- Yield: 1 cake (6-8 Servings)
How can something heavenly be quick and easy to make? Enter Quick Raspberry Cream Cake. The cake tastes absolutely incredible: light, …
- 5.3 oz. Walker's shortbread cookies
- 3 cups Organic heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons Stevia or brown sugar
- 1.5 small packages Raspberries frozen
- 1 tablespoon Pure unflavored gelatin or agar-agar
- Crumble the cookies onto the bottom of a medium cheesecake form. Mash with a potato masher and set aside.
- Whip the cream with vanilla and stevia until soft peaks form.
- Add 1/2 of the amount of raspberries to whipped cream and blend together, until smooth.
- Take 1/2 cup of hot but not boiling water and mix the gelatin into it very well.
- Add the gelatin to whipped cream, mix quickly.
- Pour the cream mixture over the cookie crumbs and refrigerate for two hours.
- Thaw and blend the rest of the berries. Put the mixture on top of the cream layer of the cake and serve.