Lima Bean Casserole is a hearty protein- filled dish. Gooey and warm, this cheesy bean casserole can be served with a side salad and some rice or quinoa for a complete vegetarian dinner. To speed things up, use frozen lima beans and pre-grated cheese. Lima beans are full of nutrients, such as fiber, copper and manganese. Lima beans are good sources of folate, phosphorus, protein, potassium, vitamin B1, iron, magnesium and vitamin B6.
Lima Bean Casserole Recipe
By March 12, 2017Published:
- Yield: 4-5 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 35 mins
Lima Bean Casserole is a hearty protein- filled dish. Gooey and warm, this cheesy bean casserole can be served with a side salad and …
- 2 Free-range eggs lightly whipped
- 3 cups Mozzarella cheese grated
- 4.5 cups Lima beans cooked, according to package's instructions or 3 cans, drained
- 1 teaspoon Sea salt
- optional: 1 clove Garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine the eggs with 1 cup of grated cheese, salt, garlic and set aside.
- Combine the beans with butter and add the egg mixture to the beans. Pour the mixture into a lightly oiled medium casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with the rest of the cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese on top turns lightly brown.