Leek and Asparagus Frittata is a healthy and tasty alternative to the boring omelet. Frittata is a quiche without the crust, which makes it an easy breakfast or a brunch dish. Using the blender for the eggs results in a fluffier frittata than if using a hand whisk.
Leek and Asparagus Frittata Recipe
By March 11, 2017Published:
- Yield: 3-4 Servings
- Prep: 7 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 27 mins
Leek and Asparagus Frittata is a healthy and tasty alternative to the boring omelet. Frittata is a quiche without the crust, which …
- For the pan: Coconut or olive oil
- 1/2 Leek chopped small
- 1 cup Asparagus tips
- 6 Free-range eggs
- 1/4 cup Heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Fresh mozzarella pieces
- 1/4 cup Feta crumbles
- 1/4 cup Tarragon chopped
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium (8-inch) cast iron or oven-safe non-stick skillet, lightly sauté the leeks and the asparagus in a bit of olive oil for 3-4 minutes. Leave in the skillet
- Blend the eggs, cream, salt and pepper in a blender until combined and lightly foamy.
- Pour in the eggs, the onions and the cheeses over the leeks and the asparagus.
- Put the skillet in the oven, and bake for 20 minutes or until the edges of the frittata are golden brown and the eggs are set.
- Top with chopped tarragon. Let cool before slicing.