I have made sourdough pizza before and it turned out great. However, if you are in a hurry and in need of a good pizza, there is nothing quite like the quick sourdough pizza crust.
This crust requires no lengthy rest time, however it is best to use a well-fed sourdough starter for it. As you take your starter out of the refrigerator, feed it every eight hours at least three times in order to make this sourdough pizza crust recipe perfect. Th starter has to be bubbly and very active.
The amount of flour in the recipe is not exact, because starter vary in hydration. some starters would need more flour, while others would require less of it.
Quick Sourdough Pizza Recipe
By February 5, 2017Published:
- Yield: 1 large pizza
I have made sourdough pizza before and it turned out great. However, if you are in a hurry and in need of a good pizza, there is …
- 1 1/2 cups Sourdough starter
- 1 1/2 cups White or whole wheat flour+more, as needed
- 1 teaspoon Sea salt
- 5 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil divided
- Combine all ingredients, using 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Knead the dough, adding more flour, as needed to form dough, which does not stick to hands.
- Alow the dough to stand for 30 minutes. It won't rise.
- Roll the dough out and bake at 500 degrees F for about 7 minutes.
- Brush the rest of the oil on the ready crust.
- Add the toppings and bake until the cheese melts and the crust browns lightly.