I was once making sourdough pizza and accidentally rolled my crust too thin and baked it for too long. This is how I got amazing sourdough crackers with only natural ingredients and no additives! You can use any flour for this recipe, with the healthiest options being eincorn or spelt flour. Store these crackers in Tupperware for up to two weeks.
Easy Sourdough Crackers Recipe
By February 19, 2017Published:
I was once making sourdough pizza and accidentally rolled my crust too thin and baked it for too long. This is how I got amazing …
- 1 1/2 cups Sourdough strter
- 1 1/2 cups Spelt or eincorn or whet flour
- 4 tablespoons Olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Sea salt
- Optional Any herbs, if desired
- Combine the starter with the flour.
- Add 3 tablespoons of olive oil and salt. Add herbs, if desired. Knead lightly.
- Allow the dough to stand for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
- Roll the dough out as thin as possible without breaking it and place it on a lightly oiled cookie sheet. Use the rest of the oil to oil the top of the dough.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the dough sheet into squares ( no need to cut all the way through.)
- Poke each square with a fork once.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely and then break off the crackers.