Having leftovers of yummy meals is a huge part of my life, since I cook a lot. Because my family is quite large, these leftovers never stay in the fridge for more than a day. I use these leftovers to make new and amazing meals. This is how Couscous and Roasted Pepper Salad came into existence.
I had some ready made roasted bell peppers and some ready made couscous. I added a few things and a sparkling new salad was born. Colorful, juicy and full of flavor, this salad reminds me of Mediterranean dishes, since it is made up of all the flavors, which are typical of that area: couscous, roasted peppers, cilantro, feta cheese and olive oil, of course.
If you are gluten-free, use quinoa instead of couscous. This salad is good either hot or cold. I prefer when the couscous is cold and the peppers are still hot.
Couscous and Roasted Pepper Salad Recipe
By February 7, 2017Published:
- Yield: 4-5 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
Having leftovers of yummy meals is a huge part of my life, since I cook a lot. Because my family is quite large, these leftovers never …
- 2 cups Couscous prepared,according to package's directions
- 2 cups Roasted bell peppers link to recipe is above
- 3 tablespoons Cilantro diced
- 1 medium Cucumber sliced
- 1 small Avocado sliced
- 1 cup Baby spinach leaves
- 1/3 cup Feta cheese crumbled
- 1 teaspoon Fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- To taste Sea salt and black peper
- Arrange the first seven ingredients in four bowls in layers.
- Combine oil and lemon juice and pour over the salad.
- Add salt and pepper and serve.