I hear parents constantly complaining how their children won’t eat salads. Won’t even look at a salad. Won’t take one bite. While the solution is frequently taking the salad off the menu, it doesn’t have to be. A salad can be made child-friendly and furthermore, this salad is easy enough for children to make.
Children usually like fruit, berries, dried fruit. The key is mixing these ingredients with the salad leaves and the veggies. As the kids are getting used to these sweeter salads, you can begin to gradually lower the amount of fruit, berries and dried fruits used.
Child-Friendly Salad Recipe
By February 12, 2017Published:
- Yield: 4 bowls (4 Servings)
I hear parents constantly complaining how their children won't eat salads. Won't even look at a salad. Won't take one bite. While …
- 2 cups Baby spinach
- 1 medium Cucumber sliced
- 1 medium Avocado sliced
- 2 cups Fresh strawberries sliced
- 1/4 cup Raisins
- 3 tablespoons Sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Fresh lemon juice
- to taste Sea salt and black pepper
- Arrange the first six ingredients in layers.
- Combine oil and lemon juice in a cup.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, add salt and pepper and serve.