Chickpea and Feta Salad is filling, light, crunchy and full of flavor. My idea of feeding the family healthy meals throughout the week includes cooking a large pot of chickpeas on Monday and then adding them to various dishes: chickpeas make nice hummus, they are wonderful sautéed, they make happening stir-fries, they even taste good on pasta dishes and desserts!
Chickpea and Feta Salad plays on the combination of crunchy, cucumbers, meaty chickpeas, salty feta and fatty avocado. This salad is pretty amazing when the chickpeas are warm, but it is still good with cold chickpeas.
Chickpea and Feta Salad Recipe
By February 24, 2017Published:
- Yield: 1 large plate (3-4 Servings)
Chickpea and Feta Salad is filling, light, crunchy and full of flavor. My idea of feeding the family healthy meals throughout the week …
- 2 cups Arugula
- 3 tablespoons Fresh parsley chopped
- 2 small Cucumber sliced
- 1/2 small Avocado sliced
- 1/4 cup Feta cheese crumbled
- 1 cup Chickpeas cooked or canned and rinsed
- 4 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- To taste: Sea salt and black pepper
- Arrange the first five ingredients on a plate in layers.
- Saute the chickpeas in 2 tablespoons of olive oil for about seven minutes, until they develop a light crust.
- Put the chickpeas on the salad.
- Sprinkle with remaining oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper and serve.