Cauliflower has been used as a grain substitute quite successfully in many recipes, and this grain-free cauliflower casserole is no exception. This cauliflower dish resembles Mac and Cheese both in texture and in flavor.
Cauliflower Casserole Recipe
By January 15, 2017Published:
- Yield: 6-8 Servings
Cauliflower has been used as a grain substitute quite successfully in many recipes, and this grain-free cauliflower casserole is no …
- 2 heads Cauliflower divided into florets
- 1 cup Butter melted
- 1 teaspoon Sea salt
- 3 cups Gouda or cheddar cheese grated
- 4 cups Buttermilk or kefir
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 cup Rice flour or semolina
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put the cauliflower in a pot. Cover the cauliflower in water, so that there is one inch of water over the vegetable.
- Cook for 7 minutes, or until soft, but not mushy. Drain. Put the cauliflower into the lightly oiled large casserole dish.
In a bowl, combine butter, kefir, soda, salt, 2 cups of cheese and semolina or rice flour. Pour the mixture over the cauliflower and gently mix.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for about 13 minutes, or until the cheese on top begins to turn lightly brown.