I have done a few versions of vegan gingerbread cookies in the past, but this recipe is the easiest of them all. To make it even easier, do not roll the dough out. Take little balls of dough and smash them with your hands, like pancakes. The cookies won’t be very pretty, but they would still taste amazing. If you do want to roll the dough out, this recipe is amazing, too.
Vegan Gingerbread Cookies Recipe
By December 15, 2016Published:
I have done a few versions of vegan gingerbread cookies in the past, but this recipe is the easiest of them all. To make it even …
- 2 cups Spelt flour ( or Bob Red Mill's gluten-free flour mix)
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 pinch Sea salt
- 1/2 cup Truvia or xylitol
- 1/2 cup Butter or coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup Blackstrap molasses
- 1/4 cup Fresh water
- 2 teaspoons Fresh Ginger grated
- 1 teaspoon Cardamom
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper
- Combine the first four ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, mix well and make a ball out of the dough. Leave alone for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Roll the dough directly onto parchment paper, so that the dough is 1/4 inch thick. Use cookie cutters to cut out the dough and use a flat spatula to remove the excess dough.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the cookies are lightly browned around the edges.