Gingerbread cookies are an integral part of Christmas for me. This year I tried making a healthier version. Raw Gingerbread Cookies are spicy and chewy: you won’t miss the “real cookies” one bit. The cookies stay fresh in the refrigerator in a Tupperware container for a couple of weeks.
Raw Gingerbread Cookies Recipe
By December 3, 2016Published:
- Yield: 16 cookies
Gingerbread cookies are an integral part of Christmas for me. This year I tried making a healthier version. Raw Gingerbread Cookies …
- 1 cup Medjool dates pitted
- 1 cup Almonds presoaked for at least 4 hours, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup Raisins
- 1/8 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Raw ginger grated
- 1 pinch Sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground nutmeg
- Process all ingredients until blended. This will take a few minutes.
- Form a ball. Cover it with plastic and refrigerate it for 40 mins.
- Put the ball on parchment paper. Cover with another sheet of parchment on top. Roll the dough.
- Cut the dough into desired shapes.