I love gingerbread everything, but since eating gingerbread cookies and gnawing on gingerbread houses are not the healthiest of options, I made gingerbread oats. I used steel cut oatmeal, but you can use rolled oats, too. In this case, it would take you less time. This oatmeal tastes just like gingerbread! It’s chewy, spicy and sweet and the kids adore it.
Gingerbread Oats Recipe
By December 21, 2016Published:
I love gingerbread everything, but since eating gingerbread cookies and gnawing on gingerbread houses are not the healthiest of …
- 1 cup (gluten-free) Steel cut oats
- 3 cups Fresh water
- 2 tablespoons Coconut oil or butter
- 1 teaspoon Grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 pinch Ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch Cloves powder
- 2 tablespoons Truvia (brown sugar blend variety)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons Raisins
- In the evening, pour water over the oats in a medium pot. Leave overnight.
- In the morning, turn the heat on and cook the oats for ten minutes or until all the water is absorbed.
- Add all other ingredients, mix and serve.