When you are craving holiday food, yet want something lighter, Roasted Squash and Beet Salad can really hit the spot. Full of sweet root vegetables, this salad is easily prepared. I like to roast the veggies ahead of time and reheat them on the frying pan to top the salad, as needed. Try Pumpkin Pomegranate Salad, too.
Roasted Squash and Beet Salad Recipe
By November 22, 2016Published:
- Yield: 2-3 Servings
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 40 mins
- Ready In: 45 mins
When you are craving holiday food, yet want something lighter, Roasted Squash and Beet Salad can really hit the spot. Full of sweet …
- 1 medium Beet cubed
- 1 small Butternut squash cubed
- 5 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil divided
- 2 cups Arugula
- 1 medium Cucumber
- 1/6 bunch Fresh parsley chopped
- 1 medium Avocado sliced
- 1/4 cup Roasted pumpkin seeds
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Arrange the beets and the squash on the parchment-covered cookie sheet. Coat with 3 tablespoons olive oil and roast at 375 degrees F for about 40 minutes, or until the veggies are soft, but not mushy.
- In the meantime, arrange all the rest of the ingredients on a large plate in layers.
- Top with roasted roots and serve.