We like to go apple picking, but sometimes we get too many apples as a result of this hobby. After apple pies, apple crisps, apple smoothies and apple ice cream I make these grain-free and vegan apple muffins. The muffins are soft and juicy with a light hint of cinnamon.
Grain-Free Apple Muffins Recipe
By November 3, 2016Published:
- Yield: 6 large muffins (6 Servings)
We like to go apple picking, but sometimes we get too many apples as a result of this hobby. After apple pies, apple crisps, apple …
- 1 1/2 cups Almond flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 3 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons Flax seed ground
- 1 1/2 cups Apples peeled and grated
- 1/4 cup Coconut oil or butter melted
- 2 medium Bananas mashed
- 1/4 cup Almond milk
- optional: Brown sugar to sprinkle the tops with
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine the first four ingredients in a large bowl. Add other ingredients, mix well and leave to stand for 5 minutes.
- Pour the batter into the lightly oiled muffin pan. If using, lightly sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until starting to brown and not soft when lightly touched.