In my family, we love eating cabbage. Cabbage steaks, unstuffed cabbage casserole or cabbage pie: we like it all. Cabbage Casserole is a filling dish, full of gooey cheese and well, cabbage. It is usually liked even by those who hate cabbage.
Cabbage Casserole Recipe
By November 29, 2016Published:
- Yield: 1 large casserole dish (6 Servings)
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 30 mins
In my family, we love eating cabbage. Cabbage steaks, unstuffed cabbage casserole or cabbage pie: we like it all. Cabbage Casserole …
- 1 medium head Cabbage shredded
- 1 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Sea salt
- 4 cups Kefir or buttermilk (optionally almond milk, mixed with 1 teaspoon of vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 cup Crumbled feta cheese or tofu cubes+ 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 2 cups Gouda or Cheddar cheese or vegan cheese grated
- 1 cup Rice flour or semolina
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Saute the cabbage in oil with salt for about ten minutes or until the cabbage reduces to about half of its size. Put the cabbage into the lightly oiled large casserole dish.
- In a bowl, combine kefir, soda, feta, 1 cup of Gouda cheese and semolina or rice flour. Pour the mixture over the cabbage.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for about 13 minutes, or until the cheese on top begins to turn lightly brown.