Stuffed butternut squash dish has a festive look, which, coupled with a great taste, makes it an excellent fall recipe. Butternut Squash, Stuffed with Spinach can be added to this stuffed butternut squash recipe as well as to this one. If you need this dish to be ready quickly, do steps one and two ahead of time.
Butternut Squash, Stuffed with Spinach Recipe
By November 7, 2016Published:
- Yield: 4-5 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Ready In: 40 mins
Stuffed butternut squash dish has a festive look, which, coupled with a great taste, makes it an excellent fall recipe. Butternut …
- 2 medium Butternut squashes halved and cleaned
- 1/3 cup Coconut oil or butter divided
- 1 medium Onion chopped
- 1 package Chopped frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 small bunch Parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin seeds
- 2 cloves Garlic diced
- To taste: Sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Put butternut squash, cut side up, on the parchment-covered cookie sheet. Spread 2 tablespoons of oil on the squash and bake for about 20 minutes or until soft, but still holding shape. Set aside.
- In the meantime, saute the onion in the remaining oil for 4 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the onion and saute for another 4 minutes.
- Using a spoon, get the soft flesh out of the squash and add it to the pan with spinach. Gently mix.
- Stuff the squash halves with what's in the pan. Put the stuffed squash halves onto a cookie sheet or into a casserole dish. Add 1/2 cup of water, cover with foil and bake for 10 minutes.