Quinoa Pumpkin Bake is a festive fall dish that can also work as a holiday entrée. Hearty and tasty, the flavor of this healthy vegetarian casserole is accentuated by the crunch of roasted pumpkin seeds on top.
Quinoa Pumpkin Bake Recipe
By October 7, 2016Published:
Quinoa Pumpkin Bake is a festive fall dish that can also work as a holiday entrée. Hearty and tasty, the flavor of this healthy …
- 2 cups Quinoa
- 4 cups Veggie stock
- 1 large Onion chopped
- 1/3 cup Coconut oil or olive oil divided
- 3 cups Pumpkin peeled and cubed (about 1 cm by 1 cm cubes)
- 1/2 bunch Parsley chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1/32 cup Raw pumpkin seeds divided
- 1 teaspoon Sea salt
- Saute the onion in 4 tablespoons of oil for 4 minutes.
- Put the quinoa in a pot with 4 cups of stock. When the water boils, lower the flame and allow all the water to get absorbed ( about 10 mins.)
- Add pumpkin and parsley and 2 cups of water and spices and garlic. Cover and saute for 10 minutes, mixing periodically. When the mixture gets too dry, add the rest of the oil
- Combine quinoa and pumpkin mixtures. Add salt and pepper. Mix 1/4 cups of pumpkin seeds into the mixture.
- Sprinkle the rest of pumpkin seeds on top, cover with foil and bake for 20-30 minutes.
- Uncover the foil and put under the broiler for about 5-7 minutes.