Pumpkin Feta Bake is an easy pumpkin recipe, which is also grain-free and looks great on the holiday table. This pumpkin casserole is wonderful as a side dish or as a vegetarian main course. If there are any leftovers, they work with an egg or two for breakfast the next day. The light sweetness of the pumpkin is offset by the saltiness of feta cheese, while parsley rounds it all up perfectly.
Do not skimp on butter or coconut oil: less oil can make the casserole too dry. The recipe asks for roasted pumpkin, here’s how to roast it. Since feta cheese is already very salty, there is no added salt in the recipe, but you are welcome to add some salt, if you need it.
Pumpkin Feta Bake Recipe
By October 26, 2016Published:
- Yield: 1 large casserole dish (5-6 Servings)
- Prep: 6 mins
- Cook: 60 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 6 mins
Pumpkin Feta Bake is an easy pumpkin recipe, which is also grain-free and looks great on the holiday table. This pumpkin casserole is …
- approximately 6 cups Roasted pumpkin thickly sliced (see link above the recipe!
- 1 large Onion chopped
- 6 tablespoons Butter or coconut oil
- 1/2 bunch Parsley chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic diced
- 3/4 cup Feta cheese crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Arrange the pumpkin slices in a large, lightly oiled casserole dish.
- Saute the onion in butter or coconut oil for 4 minutes.
- Put the onion with the pumpkin. Add parsley, garlic and gently mix.
- Top with feta cheese and bake for about 15 minutes or until the cheese is beginning to turn light brown.