If you are pressed for time, a gluten-free and sugar-free apple crisp is a quick and tasty alternative to apple pie. We go apple-picking in the fall and this apple crisp uses up the extra apples quite nicely. Keep in mind that apples contain some sugar naturally, but Gluten Free Apple Crisp is free of all added sugar.
To veganize the recipe, use 1/3 of a cup of coconut oil in place of butter and two teaspoons chia seeds instead of an egg.
Gluten Free, Sugar-Free Apple Crisp Recipe
By October 15, 2016Published:
If you are pressed for time, a gluten-free and sugar-free apple crisp is a quick and tasty alternative to apple pie. We go …
- 6 cups Apples peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup Truvia baking blend
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill gluten-free flour
- 1 Free-range organic egg
- 1/3 cup Butter melted
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Fill lightly oiled baking dish with apple slices.
- Mix flour, Truvia and egg. Pour over apples.
- Pour the butter over apple-flour mixture. Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake for about 20 minutes or until the top gets lightly brown and crispy.