Sweet Potato, Butternut Squash and Carrot Mash celebrates the bounty of the fall harvest. Sweet and hearty, it is ready fast and makes a great side dish. Surprisingly, it is also great for breakfast.
Sweet Potato, Pumpkin, Butternut Squash and Carrot Mash Recipe
By September 29, 2016Published:
- Yield: 8 Servings
Sweet Potato, Butternut Squash and Carrot Mash celebrates the bounty of the fall harvest. Sweet and hearty, it is ready fast and makes …
- 3 large Sweet potatoes
- 2 cups Butternut squash cubed
- 1 cup Pumpkin peeled and cubed
- 3 large Carrots cleaned, peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Butter or coconut oil
- 5 tablespoons Truvia (brown sugar blend variety)
- to taste: Sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wrap the sweet potatoes with foil. Pierce 2 or 3 times with a fork. Bake for 45 to 60 minutes, until tender. Carefully open, scoop out the soft flesh and mash it.
- Cover the pumpkin, the squash and the carrots with water, so there is about 1/2 inch of water over the veggies. Cover and cook for ten minutes or until the veggies are soft. Mash or blend everything in the pot.
- Combine the two mashed mixtures.
- Warm up the butter or coconut oil in a pot. The minute it melts, ad all other ingredients, mix well and serve.