“Quick” and “pie” can go into the same sentence! Quick Butternut Squash Pies are made with your favorite tortillas: whole wheat, white or gluten-free. The only time investment is making the squash stuffing. Quick Butternut Squash Pies are slightly sweet, slightly spicy and are excellent if frozen and then later reheated.
Quick Butternut Squash Pies Recipe
By September 27, 2016Published:
"Quick" and "pie" can go into the same sentence! Quick Butternut Squash Pies are made with your favorite tortillas: whole wheat, …
- 10 Tortillas ( gluten-free or any other variety)
- 1 small Onion chopped
- 1/2 cup Butter or coconut oil
- 4 cups Butternut squash cleaned and chopped finely
- 1 cup Water
- 2 teaspoons Sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Saute the onion in butter (not vegan) or coconut oil for 4 minutes.
- Add butternut squash, water, salt and pepper. Cover the pan and saute for another 6 minutes. Open the lid and saute until virtually all the liquid is absorbed and the squash is soft.
- Lightly oil two parchment -covered cookie sheets.
- Put some of the stuffing on one half of each tortilla. Cover with the other half and pinch the ends together, using wet hands.
- Bake for 7 -10 minutes or until the top is beginning to brown. Flip and bake for 7 minutes on another side.