Eggplants and tomatoes produce a winning flavor combination, while pesto adds a wonderful Italian flavor to everything. When these ingredients are combined in a Pesto Eggplant Tomato Bake, it results in a hearty, gooey casserole everyone loves.
Pesto Eggplant Tomato Bake Recipe
By August 9, 2016Published:
- Yield: 1 large casserole dish (6 Servings)
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Ready In: 40 mins
Eggplants and tomatoes produce a winning flavor combination, while pesto adds a wonderful Italian flavor to everything. When these …
- 2 medium Eggplants sliced lengthwise
- 1 medium Red onion chopped
- 3 cups Cheese (vegan) grated
- 1 cup Pesto sauce
- 5 large Ripe tomatoes blended
- 3 cloves Garlic diced diced
- to taste: Sea salt and cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the eggplants cut side down into the oven and roast for about 20 minutes, or until soft. Mash the eggplant.
- In the meantime, saute the onion in oil.
- Add the eggplant mixture to the onion. Add pesto, salt, pepper and garlic, too. Saute for about 4-5 minutes and pour into a lightly oiled large casserole dish.
- Mix some salt and pepper into the tomato mixture. Pour this mixture over the eggplant.
- Top with cheese and bake for 15 minutes.