Boosting immunity in preparation for the school season is extremely important, unless you want your child to start missing school due to illness right away. These Eight Ways To Boost Immunity in Preparation For School are time proven at my house with my four kids, so hopefully they will work for you, too.
- Low sugar diet. Sugar is a known immunity killer, yet parents think that if their children do not overdose on candy daily, they do not consume too much sugar. It is not that simple! Bread contains sugar ( remember your child’s daily sandwich for lunch.) So does pizza, and so does milk, so re-evaluate everything your child eats.
- Hand washing. This is pretty basic, but a lot of germs live on our hands, so the more often the child washes their hands with soap, the less likely they are to ingest germs. Chemical hand sanitizers are less effective, because they leave dirt on the hands and allow the body to absorb extra chemicals.
- Thieves oil. Read all about Thieves oil here. This essential oil has saved my kids from getting sick too many times to mention.
- Garlic-rich diet. Garlic is another known immunity enhancer and including it in your child’s daily diet can help keep those germs at bay. If the child will not eat garlic, try crushing one clove into a teaspoon of raw honey and giving it to them like medicine.
- Good, strong probiotics. These kick the body’s immune system into high gear. If one of my kids looks like they are coming down with a cold, I double up their normal daily probiotic dose and they are healthy the next day! The same system works for my husband and myself.
- Neti pot. Children as young as five can be taught how to use it. This simple device has saved my husband, my children and myself from way too many respiratory illnesses. When we do it daily, we simply never catch any viruses to begin with! To learn how to use (it’s easy,) explore youtube.
- Oregano essential oil. This essential oil smells bad, but it is scientifically proven as an anti-viral and antibiotic. One drop on the soles of the feet daily keeps the nasty bugs away.
- Elderberry syrup. This one is a tasty remedy, full of vitamins, so the kids won’t object to taking it daily, as a preventative.